Unfortunately, now that Languages Sheffield has closed, there is no local organisation specialising in helping people set up Complementary Schools. If you want to set up a new school we suggest that you:
- look at the information available from the National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education (NRCSE) (see NRCSE section on this website)
- contact other Complementary Schools in Sheffield and see if you could go and visit them or meet with them (see Sheffield Complementary Schools section on this website)
- contact the Sheffield Complementary Schools Network using the email address on the Home Page of this website, to be put on thier mailing list and find out when their next meeting is taking place
All Complementary Schools wanting to open a bank account and set themselves up with a legal structure will need to set up as a formal group. If you are wanting help to set yourselves up as a community group, please contact the Development Team at Voluntary Action Sheffield – VAS (see: https://www.vas.org.uk/need-help-finding-support/). The VAS Development Team provides a range of development support to new and existing community groups in Sheffield, including:
· Getting your group ready to apply for funding.
· Identifying suitable funding sources available and how to put a funding bid together (partnership with SYFAB).
· Helping groups recognise their strengths and identify areas for development.
· Recruiting volunteers, setting up volunteering policies and managing challenging situations.
· Developing/strengthening partnerships.
· Measuring the impact of your activities.